- Cobra steals an ancient formula for a love potion. Flint and Lady Jaye come up with their own plan for an intercept.
Firefly attacks a Joe polar research station and steals a plant that, along with a stolen Egyptian tablet from the British Museum, allows Cobra to create a love potion which they will use on a shipping magnate, allowing Cobra to control the world's largest shipping route. Flint and Lady Jaye infiltrate the magnate's yacht, and try to stop the Baroness from seducing him. Instead she ends up seducing Flint. After a brief struggle, the perfume is knocked overboard, and both Joe and Cobra divers race after it. It is stolen by a crab, which runs away. In the end, the only one who comes out ahead among Cobra is Destro, who is highly amused at the fitting end of such a silly scheme of Cobra Commander's.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
Featured Vehicles & Equipment
"Morons! I have morons on my payroll!"
- --Cobra Commander seems upset.
"A crab?! They lost to a crab?!"
- --Cobra Commander's morale reached a new low.
"It could have been wonderful, Flint!"
- --The Baroness's parting words.
Animation and technical errors
- The design of Baroness' dress changes while she's dancing with Flint.
- Similarly, the waiter's jacket goes from white with black lapels, to all white, to red with black lapels all in the span of about 15 seconds.
- At the Arctic research station, one of the scientists trips an alarm by stepping on a button in the middle of the floor. Odd placing for an emergency alarm, since it would seem that they would accidentally trip it every day just by walking across the room.
- Most police officers in the United Kingdom do not carry firearms. The only reason why museum guards would carry firearms is because attacks from COBRA have increased the need for armed security.
- Flint and Lady Jaye are in a windowless Cobra lab deep inside the compound, when it explodes at the first commercial cliffhanger. After the commercial break, they are suddenly outside in the water. As the explosion originated behind them and flung them outward, they would have had to pass through tons of rock and stone to wind up outside. Needless to say, they would be swimming with the fishes instead of plotting their next escapade.
- Frostbite's only speaking role in the entire series.
- Destro's jealously undermines the plan.
- The title literally translates to "water of Cobra". It is a play on words with "eau de toilette", "eau de parfum", and "eau de cologne", all terms for types of fragrances.
- Final appearance of the M.A.N.T.A.
- Lady Jaye appears to be fluent in ancient Egyptian, sight-reading the hieroglyphs off the tablet with amazing ease. See also The Gods Below.
- A Dragonfly was mentioned in this episode but wasn't shown.
- This episode has quite possibly the least believable premise of the entire series. The Baroness needs a love potion? Please.
Real world refernces
- The shipping magnate is a reference to Aristotle Onassis.