The Baroness has been captured by Cobra, Destro and the others are still on the run, and the new G.I Joe Ninja Force is brought in to help.
- Synopsis not yet written.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
Featured Vehicles & Equipment
- None yet.
- Chuckles' sweater changes colour between panels on page 3.
- One is tempted to put Hawk's new costume in the "errors" category, especially the Kirby-esque boxing helmet thingy. Then you see Ninja Force, and know that the godawful 90s outfits have started in earnest. What kind of ninja wears neon green?!?
Items of note
- First appearance: Dojo, Nunchuk and T'jbang; the Arbco Valdez.
- Techno-Vipers and Tele-Vipers are mentioned but not seen.
- The Night-Creepers are treated like an independent faction. Perhaps Cobra Commander fired them after their earlier failure?
- The 3 new ninjas all have Arashikage connections:
- They also train in the basement beneath the Soft Master's old bodega.
- One of the more memorable (and prescient) moments of this era of the series' run: the aforementioned three ninjas pausing their battle so Storm Shadow can answer his cell phone (at a point where the first-time reader doesn't realize they're Joes and this is a training exercise). His cell, by the way, is comically huge by today's standards, but would probably have been state-of-the-art at the time.
- The dossier in this issue features Firefly... ruining his surprise return in a few months.
- Cobra's new ship is a reference to the infamous Exxon Valdez.
Footnotes and References
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.