The G.I. Joe the Action Force Holiday Special 1991 was released in May 1991.
The entirety of "Holding Actions!" from G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #75.
This issue contains several Intelligence Profile factfiles:
- Duke - here retaining the name Conrad S. Hauser and the birthplace of St. Louis, Missouri, USA. Originally printed in the G.I. Joe the Action Force Annual 1991.
- Iron Grenadier. Originally printed in the G.I. Joe the Action Force Annual 1991.
The T.A.C. Page
This issue contains a T.A.C. Page, with the acronym here spelt out as Tactical Arms Compendium. Each T.A.C. Page includes a page of text, written in third person, and a one-page diagram of the vehicle in question. The vehicle covered is:
Items of note
- This special came out after the reprints of G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero had ceased in Transformers at a cliffhanger midway through the Cobra Civil War storyline.
- The special does not complete the Civil War but presumably a further special was intended which would have reprinted "All's Fair" from G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #76. However it never saw (re)print and the next special printed a year later contained other material. This habit of specials starting and not completing storylines was at this time familiar to readers of Transformers.
- The special contains a copy of the map of Cobra Island first seen in G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #74, showing the various routes that have brought all the players to the beech, and a table showing the Cobra schism and the various G.I. Joe operational groups.
- The cover reuses that of G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #75.
- The contents page reuses the cover art from Action Force Monthly #5 as a background.
- The special cost 85p in the United Kingdom. No overseas prices were printed.