Welcome to Joepedia, the G.I. Joe Wiki:
a fan-maintained database that anyone can edit!
We are currently working on 2,945 articles.
G.I. Joe began in 1964 as a line of 12-inch articulated action figures produced by Hasbro. They represented four of the branches of the U.S. Armed Forces with the Action Soldier (Army), Action Sailor (Navy), Action Pilot (Air Force) and Action Marine (USMC). The development of G.I. Joe led to the coining of the term "action figure."
In 1982, the line was relaunched with the smaller 3¾" scale complete with vehicles, playsets, and a complex background story involving an ongoing struggle between the G.I. Joe Team and the evil Cobra organization. The relaunch pioneered several tactics in toy marketing, combining traditional advertising with a new cartoon miniseries and an ongoing comicbook.
Snake Eyes Trailer
Check out the trailer for the film Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins, now in theaters and on streaming.
- ...Pathfinder's father was Korean War veteran who taught him the finer points of military reconnaissance?
- ...that Machete is a Dreadnok character from the Sigma 6 series?
- ...the G.I. Joe Adventure Team is the series of G.I. Joe toys to come out in 1970 to 1976?
- ...Rachel Nichols plays Scarlett in G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra?
- ...Cobra Island was formed when Cobra tricked the U.S. Government into firing a nuclear missile at an underwater faultline?
- Well now you know.
Create an article
- Not sure where to start?