- Sir Denis Nayland Smith is a character from the Marvel Universe who also appeared in the Action Force weekly series.
Action Force (British) Comics continuityEdit
Sir Denis Nayland Smith and Petrie fought for forty years against Fu Manchu but were ageing. Then Fu Manchu ordered his son Shang-Chi, who believed his father was a noble man dedicated to world peace, to kill Petrie. Shang-Chi obeyed the order though he only killed a replicant. This led Shang-Chi to encounter Nayland Smith who told him the truth about his father. Petrie was found alive and together with Nayland Smith, Shang-Chi, Black Jack Tarr an ex soldier and Clive Reston, a smooth talker, the war continued.
- Sir Denis Nayland Smith is one of the few characters from the Marvel Universe to have appeared in an Action Force or G.I. Joe story. Normally the two are treated as completely separate continuities.
- Sir Denis Nayland Smith's appearance in "Meditations in Red" served to introduce Shang-Chi in preparation for a reprint of his adventures from Master of Kung Fu volume 1 #29 to #31 in Action Force issue #18 to issue #29.
- Sir Denis Nayland Smith was one of a number of characters originally created for the Fu Manchu series of novels by Sax Rohmer. The comic rights to the novels were purchased by Marvel in the 1970s who combined them with their original character of Shang-Chi.
- Denis Nayland Smith at Marvel Database